Injured blackbird or is it leg deformity from nest? please help

Hello we have found a blackbird in our garden - it has a problem with one of its legs in that it is sticking straight out horizontally towards its tail. He can hop on the other leg but can't fly and just flaps about on the ground. Can't get hold of any wildlife rescue places so before we take it to the vet is there anyone on here who knows whether it sounds like a dislocated leg or could it be some sort of deformity from being cramped in the nest as heard this can happen. We have given him some little worms and he has taken water from a dropper. He was distressed when we found him (ie tweeting very loudly) but he hasn't made a sound since. We're not sure if he's a fledgling who hasn't been able to fly because of his leg and subsequently injured himself or what exactly has happened. We got to him before the cat across the road got him. He doesn't appear to have any blood or teeth marks on him. If we take him to the vet I'm sure they'll just put him to sleep but he doesn't seem that poorly except for this leg sticking out. Thanks in advance!

• Hi vmtnz, sounds as if the bird could be in discomfort so in order to save it suffering I would get it to a vet as soon as possible. Most vets will treat or euthanise a wild bird free of charge.   I would think a vet would only euthanise a bird if he deemed it necessary but the leg does sound as if it is useless and possibly broken.