Feather

Hi - we found these lovely feathers in a park today and wondered which bird they were from? We're thinking an owl but it would be great to know for certain

• I'm not sure anyone is going to be able to give you a definitive answer, Watford1., I certainly can't. If it had come from an owl I would have expected to see some colour. Also, they look rather long to have come from an owl. I would have thought you'd be looking at an all white bird of some sort. Something like a Little Egret although I'm not saying that's what it is.

This is from featherbase , a German site but you've got to know what to look for so not easy.

Hopefully, someone else will have more knowledge than me. Otherwise just enjoy your find whatever it is.

• Thanks Tony - it seems plausible although it was at least 1/2 mile from water so I'm not sure. It was the way the edges of the feather are all separated slightly that made me wonder about an owl as I know they have different feathers to enable silent flight. Will have to keep searching and see if anyone else on here has thoughts. Blush