Robin teapot nest placement

Hi,

I have purchased a robin "teapot" nest and placed it in the garden as shown below. It's been there for a month or so now with no activity. I appreciate sometimes it just doesn't happen but we have three robins who consume all the suet bites I put out so I was hopeful they may take to the teapot. It's about a metre off the ground. Can you please help me with some tips to improve the chances of them being interested in nesting in there?

Totally new to all of this so I really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

• Hi, Robins tend to pair up in late December and the female will pick a nesting spot nearer to mating time (March onwards). You might have missed the boat on this one, but they might use it for a later brood. A couple of feet off the ground is ideal, but they might feel there is too much exposure behind. That said, they can pick some ridiculous locations.
    I have a Robin box tucked away in the shrubs with a wall behind it, so apparently ideal. It has been there for five or six years and has never been used. They have used an exposed plastic tub in my neighbour's conservatory, but not the box. If the fence behind is yours (the railings) maybe put some chicken wire across it to proof against possible predators?
    Good luck and hopefully you will soon have some nesting activity in there.