Mysterious Visitor

Hi. This was caught on my night camera. Dose anyone please have any ideas to what it might be? 

• Hi & welcome to tthe community, your footage not showing on here ... you'll have to upload to YouTube first to get the URL to enter in box you will see when you select 'reply' followed by 'rich formatting' ... just shout if you have problems!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Too fast for me (can anyone slow that down), unless it's about 30 of the same bird doing a kind of conga... (does that happen?)

All the best -
    Dave
  • I'm going to guess it's a Moth

My Flickr photos

• Copied to moviemaker & slowed down to lowest speed give us this image ... not a great deal of help methinks

Inclined towards moth but more like a flying pipecleaner! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Longish body, even if you take the broad (front-to-back) wings into account?

Any bat/moth experts out there? I've been watching bats more closely recently and see they've, generally, got signature flights.

Or it's a bat--moth conga?
  • I'm no expert, but my money's on a bat, mainly down to the overall shape, and how it's flying, which is similar to the bats around here.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to WendyBartter:

WendyBartter said:
    Inclined towards moth but more like a flying pipecleaner! Lol

Maybe it's a Pipe-istrelle bat    lol          

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Hazel. That's the first thing I read this morning. And I thought that kind of word-play was dead.

:-)

Dave
  • In reply to Dave - CH:

Dave - CH said:
    Hazel. That's the first thing I read this morning. And I thought that kind of word-play was dead.

:-)

Dave

Lol Dave;   I have to keep the grey matter working somehow;   reminds me when I used to participate 25+ years ago in BBC 2 radio headline hunt, only back then I was given music CDs for my efforts  ha ha  !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"