Is this a pheasant?!

I had a visitor on my garden fence this morning, I guess it’s some sort of pheasant due to the length of its tale and red face, it threw me though because it didn’t have a green head like a male common pheasant. Is it a juvenile?

• Hello Em, I would say you are right; young male common pheasant slowly gaining its adult plumage.
  • I think it looks like a Pheasant, I was surprised as my daughter had a blue pheasant visiting her garden regularly up to 2 years ago. I also spotted a white pheasant near our home last year. Presumed it must be an Albino. Don’t know if that is rare though.
  • Hello everyone. Im new here and probably getting in a muddle.. but wondered where the pheasants have gone. Have a large garden with lots of birds. Ive been feeding regularly and there is always water, right through the year. Ive been having a beautiful male pheasant, about 3 or so females and about 4 juveniles every morning early, coming for seed i throw down, and one female or juvenile is getting particularly tame. This last two, three days there was less at first, and yesterday and this morning none. Ive heard gun shot in the fields and im just hopeing theyve not been killed. Is this legal, that anyone can shoot them? I will be really sad if this is wjats happening. I only heard one call this morning, and have seen none. Maybe its to do with the start of spring, or mateing season. Has anybody else got missing pheasants ? They are so lovely, and gentle birds.