logging in

I keep trying to log in and I get various things including no account for this e mail address. I am fully paid up and entered the correct e mail and password, what is happening?

isn't wild wonderful

• Sometimes the default on sign in is on username and not email address; just check you are highlighting e-address when you log in. It's strange how very often we get signed out automatically and I've had the same problem with sign in and the default choice being the wrong one. May not be that but worth a try !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Agree with Hazy, often get signed out and then on trying to signin,

ALWAYS have to change the default selected username.

• Maybe I got the defaults in wrong order but whichever is highlighted - choose the other one !!

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazel and sunny Kate glad it's not just me! I also am not getting e mail notifications although I"allow" regards to all

isn't wild wonderful

• In reply to HAZY:

I get the same problem Hazel on the few occasions I get logged out just worth checking out/

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Not sure what was meant in the original post as you must have been signed in to post the question, Anthony.

Re the other posts, I log out each time I shut down so never have the problem referred to. I accept to needing to log in each time because I know I logged out. What each of you are describing is periodically clearing your history isn't it? Each time you do that, you will need to log back in.
  • Doesn't seem to be connected with clearing of history for me Robbo, just a random but frequent happening no matter what device I am using!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• History clearing can be done 'automatically'/behind the scenes. Depends on your settings. It would be down to web browser software, rather than which device. I set my browser to auto clear history/cache on closing down.

Has to be 'local' though as everyone using the site would need to sometimes be logged out without them expecting. I've never been logged out while using the site.
  • That may be the answer Robbo, I use Chrome on all but can't remember if I've requesting auto-clearing, fortunately I have no problems logging back on ... the pain comes when I am unaware & don't find out until I've made a comment (sometimes lengthy) which gets wiped whilst signing back in!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I've not cleared out my history or cookies for a few days but just had to log back in again (switching the default choice to email); I'm using Windows Edge as the browser.

Regards, Hazel