Robin

I share a garden but feed all the wildlife. Robins get food taken if it’s on ground so can I put a low bird feeder up? Any advice on helping these birds useful, 

• Hi Sam,     I find a ground guardian cage is brilliant for keeping larger animals and birds from consuming all the bird food.       They are a bit expensive but save you money on bird food in the long run.       I prefer this pitched roof type guardian rather than the flat roof type and use a thick piece of butyl heavy duty pond liner (cut to pitch roof shape)  to drap over the roof to protect the food from rainfall.      Hope this helps.    There are also hanging guardian feeders if you prefer.  

• Thanks. As I said I share a garden with other apartment owners who find the wildlife a nuisance so it’s difficult. I had something similar to that hidden in my laurel hege but squirrels tipped it over! I am limited also by long term disability so this is my pleasure now more than ever. It is just the robins I am struggling to feed and we have cats owners let out and they stalk and catch the wood pigeons. I will see if I can come up with something along your idea. Fingers crossed.
  • There are pegs for the guardian cage (like tent pegs with a hook) so you can secure the cage to the ground and it won't tip over. I wouldn't place any food container boxes on the fenceline (like you mentioned on another post) as cat's could find it more easy to predate birds Good luck with feeding your robins.