Where is the best place in Spain to see Vultures during September?

I'm planning a holiday to Spain in September and would love to see some big raptors. 

• Hi Calvin
    As Alan has said I've been birding a few times in Spain. One of the best places to see vultures in particular is in Monfrague Natural Park near Trujillo in Extremadura. There's a resident population of Griffon Vultures, some Black Vultures and a couple of Egyptian Vultures. There's usually a pair of Spanish Imperial Eagles if you are lucky. The best time to visit Extremadura is generally in Spring as there's so many other bird species about as well but I've been there over Christmas and it can still be good with flocks of Great Bustards, overwintering Cranes etc
    As you are planning to go to Spain in September which is peak migration time the Tarifa area in the southernmost point of mainland Spain can be a real hotspot. Hundreds of thousand birds migrate across the Straits of Gibraltar including all sorts of raptors including eagles, vultures and kites as well as storks, hirundines etc. It can be quite a spectacle when the weather is favourable. You can get a stiff neck staring up into the sky. LOL
    I don't know whether you are planning to join a tour like THIS or if this is a DIY trip. If the latter I would strongly recommend that you have at least one day with a local guide who will know the the best places to visit.

• Thanks Teejay. Great advice. There's a national park to the east of Tarifa so I will look for somewhere close to there to stay much appreciated. I'll let you know how I get onBlush
  • Thanks again Tony. I'm currently looking for a villa in Los alcorocales national park.