Greater Spotted Woodpecker killed by bird of prey (Hawk). Re-siting bird table?

Real highs and lows yesterday in the garden. Two Greater Spotted woodpeckers are regular feeders on our nuts/fat balls and can often be seen 'examining' weathered garden furniture (i guess for insects). Sadly one of them was 'bombed' into our windows before it was killed as it flew across the lawn. My son saw it all - he thinks it was a hawk. He said the woodpecker was feeding on the nuts before it was attacked. Should I resit bird feeder? It is near the house which is like an L shape. Garden has mature mixed woodland on two sides, open arable fields to the back (about 100metres from house) high stone wall to the front with a country single road track and arable fields beyond. The garden is about an acre (half lawn and half mature bushes, lots of ground covers, brambles and some longer grass). We are lucky enough to enjoy lots of wildlife (green woodpecker/s), badgers, foxes, stoats, a goshawk (last summer - killed a pigeon and ate in garden; breathtaking!) plenty of birds including a very occasionally sighting of a gold-crest. Last year we found what I think was a juvenile greater spotted woodpecker with its head pecked out. Then later the same day I witnessed another greater spotted woodpecker being attacked by two magpies - again feeding on the nuts and then herded into the house/windows. It hit the house/windows and fell onto a garden seat below. Totally exhausted and rather dirty (magpie's feet?) I rescued it and gave time to recover (about 30 mins). Think I saw it again, can't be sure as we had a couple of regular visitors. Now concerned that the sighting of the bird table is trapping the woodpeckers - should I move it? We have a mature oak tree to the edge of the garden - maybe nearer that? I'd be very grateful of any advice - please be honest if I'm doing the wrong thing.