• In reply to alisonc2095046433:

alisonc2095046433 said:

Thanks for that, not exactly pretty but not hugely expensive

I hope that was referring to the bird proofing and not my Frisky Feral lol

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to Catlady:

Thank you catlady, what really irks is they have just moved in and the first time we speak they complain, yet I've been feeding birds here since we moved in 7 years ago. And the amount of birds visiting is not yet at its peak. Blackbirds still have nestlings and the starlings will no doubt have a second brood. By autumn the flock coming into the garden could be 100 strong before they disperse for the winter. Never had a neighbour like them before, it does not bode well for a harmonious future. But onwards and upwards I am still feeding and we will see what happens next.

• In reply to alisonc2095046433:

Monkeycheese it was most certainly not referring to your Frisky Feral, they would be welcome here though no doubt the neighbour would have something to say about it. I did indeed mean the spikes, rather prison wall looking but if it has to be then I will fit them.

• Wow. So people have politely asked you to do something that is causing them distress. And as a neighbour you are continuing to do this. Out of some habitual thing you have got going on. You are obviously the one that is not being neighbourly in this situation. I imagine the noise and the damage to their furniture is enough for them to say something but you want to continue doing this. Wether they are 'newbies' or not (Wendy) doesn't mean they can't be affected by your selfish actions. Maybe previous neighbours did not care about their belongings or the noise or the wildlife that you are attracting to their area. I am going through a similar issue and you have no idea the anxiety that you are causing the people that pay money to live where they live. I think the attitudes expressed in this thread are non other than disgusting and selfish. The birds do not need your help. Stubbornness is the issue here not the birds wellbeing.
  • In reply to Pen45:

Are you aware you replied to a 6 year old thread? The original poster isn't a familiar name so may have not used the forum for years.

're your point, I don't feed birds apart from Niger seed. However, there is a balance and context. Feeding four times a day is an extreme. Insisting neighbours stop feeding birds after years is another extreme.

Proximity of housing, bird species, etc would be other factors to consider.

• I had a similar problem. I decided not to feed the birds. I realised that the person that complained about me feeding the birds, complained about other petty issues to others tenants too. These individuals are belligerent, unhappy about their own lives and want to make mountains out of molehills. In reality it is not about birds or anything else for that matter