Could this be a juvenile Jay ?

Hi folks,   I have recently seen a different Jay in the garden, other than the regular pair and wondered if it was possibly a juvenile .......    the undercarriage feathers look a bit downy. 

• Well Hazel, young or not they are cracking pics:-)

• Job to be sure, but does look like a youngster. Was it a bit slimmer than the adults? The other possibility, is the feathers are ruffled, due to brooding. We have a Blackbird, who is doing a pretty good impression of a Bantam. Will try to snap it. Mind you, I have tried 3 times to upload pics, without success.

• Thanks John and Stich,  

@ Stich,     it did look a little thinner than the others although often they are stretching up to get the pastry off the twigs so half the time they are doing aerobics  LOL     It was certainly a different "face" to the other Jays and the eyes looked different;   I know two of the Jays so well, especially the one I nickname Jake, that this other was certainly a different Jay although not to say he wasn't an adult interloper;    normally they get chased off if they are intruders so hoping it is the offspring of "Jake"   !!     Intersting what you say about the ruffled feathers during brooding.   Good luck with uploading your Blackbird Bantam   !     the site is so slow and I find I can only upload 4 pics at a time before it freezes and I have to start over.  

• Afternoon Alan,   thanks;   it would be nice to think it was Jake Junior   LOL,    he (Jake) was certainly taking a lot of food back base over the last few weeks and I think Mrs. Jake is now around with this possible junior although it already looks totally independent.