A Quick Trip Out Last Week

Day off last week coincided with a half decent forecast, and my sisters day off too, and between us we decided on looking for some snowdrops (me) and practising water/waterfall photography with some filters (not me, far too technical!)

There's a little waterfall in a picturesque little village called Little Bredy, not too far from home so we decided there would be Ok. I went to pick her up, and whilst i was waiting for her, one of the Building Rooks flew by... from another angle it looks like the rook is taking up water divining!

A pair of Bullfinches perched high up in one of her trees

And along the track Snowdrops were pretty abundant

To be honest, I would have been just as happy pootling around there, especially as she backs on to some woodland too, but with arrangements made... Waterfally pics

Above the wee falls is a lake, and there were Tufted Ducks, Mallards, Coot, Moorhen, and 2 pairs of Little Grebe

After a couple of hours of filter fiddling, (I just changed shutter speed and f-number for different effects) we headed back to hers for more potentially more snowdrops, and a wander in the woods... As we pulled up, Woodie flew off from her feeder, up a nearby tree

A number of bee's were examining one of her hives, fingers crossed for more honey this year Grinning

Just over her fence, before the woodland, a Partridge waddled about

And another bee had just finished lunch at a Snowdrop

We opened the gate, and the Partridge took flight

There's a short stretch of river running through the wood, and the briefest of glimpses of a Grey Wagtail brightened the day

Eagle-eyed sis spotted this Fungus amongst the leaf litter

There were more Snowdrops scattered through the wood

And the woodland saved the best for last... I heard a really high, but quiet birdsong and said "That sounds like a Goldcrest", I was wrong... it turned out to be my first ever Firecrest Grinning

And what a phenomenal first Firecrest picture that was!!!

Luckily, it was more accommodating a few moments later

It then retreated further into the holly tree, and I was amazed the autofocus managed to pick it up through such little gaps in the foliage

Thanks for reading :o)

Stay Safe All