Fox killer

My Mum and Step-Dad feed a Family of Foxes in their back Garden and the neighbour takes pride in shooting Foxes.

Last year his wife admitted he had the corpses of 3 Foxes he'd murdered in their bin and that he wouldn't hesitate to kill Kits (baby Foxes)!

The Foxes have made their Den under his shed in their back Garden.

My Mum had just fed the Foxes and the Matriarch (who had two generations of Foxes)) headed back to the den to feed her and her Daughters litter of Kits and was shot in the stomach by the neighbour. The Beloved Mother managed to climb back over the fence into my Mum's Garden where my Mum and Step-Dad had watch her die.

My Mum and Step-Dad are going away for two weeks and are terrified he will murder the remaining Family while they are unable to Protect them.

Can an animal Charity come and move them somewhere Safe? What can be done? Please help. 

Thank you 

• Definitely talk to a wildlife officer or the local police, because firearms are in question here, as well as wild animals.

If the garden is urban, then firearms should not be used, but in the country, that is a very open debate, which I'm not going to go into. However, gardens are not open for debate, they are considered urban areas, so shooting is not allowed.

Also, carcass disposal, they cannot be disposed off in domestic waste.

Lets see if the original poster returns with any update, if not, then it is a windup.

• Mike I've been out of touch with this out on the coast with no wifi, but ref your point about shooting in the country the shooter would need either to own the land or have the owners permission which is not easy to come by nowadays. If the op was serious in this matter lets hope they have been in touch with the police who will have been knocking on the neighbours door to check shotgun or firearms certificate at the very least. Only a silly person makes silly remarks about guns these days.
  • Wendy S said:
    Mike I've been out of touch with this out on the coast with no wifi, but ref your point about shooting in the country the shooter would need either to own the land or have the owners permission which is not easy to come by nowadays. If the op was serious in this matter lets hope they have been in touch with the police who will have been knocking on the neighbours door to check shotgun or firearms certificate at the very least. Only a silly person makes silly remarks about guns these days.

Absolutely, or it becomes poaching, and the associated  penalties that come with it if caught.

I was sticking to the described environment, which seemed to be gardens, urban based and shooting in urban areas.

lets see if the original poster returns, in the interim, I hope you had a good time on the coast?

• Not holding my breath on this Mike, I hope we have not put the o p off with mentioning contacting the authorities