So much for slimbridge!

• Yikes, that was not what I was expecting to read. Very relieved that you are both safe and well and that airbags etc did what they they are designed to do. You might be a little stiff and sore tomorrow so I prescribe a warm, relaxing bath.

Hope you have got home by now and have enjoyed the sausage baps along with the cup that cheers.

Cin J

• Oh what a disaster PB and so really sorry to hear that someone hit your car. - they could have at least waited till you had your day out on the reserve ! Seriously though, glad you are both uninjured with no bumps or bruises and that the insurance and repair gets sorted out soon. Still must have been one heck of a shock when the other car collided into you :( Take it easy now and hope you are back on the road soon and that you eventually get to Slimbridge.

As the Monty Python song goes..........
    " Some things in life are bad
    They can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse
    When you're chewing on life's gristle
    Don't grumble, give a whistle
    And this'll help things turn out for the best
    And
    Always look on the bright side of life
    Always look on the light side of life

........... " and won't include the rest of the song here !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    ........... " and won't include the rest of the song here !

What a pity ........ that's a great song.

Pimpernebloke, glad you're safe and I hope the insurance company behaves fairly.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks everyone.... I knew today would have been good... Have look at what we missed!! www.wwt.org.uk/.../sunday-16-january-sightings

• Phew!!! how many pages would you have filled posting those,?CHOL:):)
    and the, poor camera, would have been red hot!!!!

• Not a nice day for both you and Mrs PB, hope you are both recovering today and just glad to hear you were not hurt. Of course today has to be a bright sky and sun :-)

Just seen your additional post - o'h well that just add to your pain.......you wouldn't have seen all those anyhway PB as you always get there too early!!!!!!

Lot to learn

• Would've just been a snap or two Kate lol

Of course we'd have seen them all Gaynor, and they would all have shown beautifully, coming and posing about 10 -12 feet away, with a glint in their eyes, and a smile on their bills, and not a twig in sight!!!!!!

Couldn't go to work today in the beautiful sunshine, as it's about a 20 mile drive, and still waiting for the courtesy car, but went for a wander down the trailway but not looked through pics yet. A lot of twigs will be involved though I think lol
  • Good to see you up and about, PB.
    Dave