Just caught two Robins posturing

I have a feeling that the one on the right is Titch.    I went into the garden when they disappeared and he flew past my ear onto the bench where he took a ittle pastry and flew away again.

It's only January folk but

Spring is on the way :-)

• Brilliant.

Many birds will be getting ready to become families again, or for the first time.

Keep an eye out for the courtship feeding, it'll be nice to see the photos.

• My tame Robin, which my wife and I have been feeding since last March, is still about. When he appears now it's usually with his partner, they'll both come when I whistle if they are not already about. He still comes to my hand while she waits in a nearby hedge and takes worms I leave and stand back from, but she is getting braver and gets quite close while waiting and took some worms from quite close to me this morning.

They also have had their moments of posturing as you have captured.

Best wishes,

Trevor

• I saw the courtship feeding last year Mike, but wasn't quick enough with camera. I am glad to see that Titch is allowed back into the garden! it must have been the female that kept him out for the last few months.
    Titch is six this Spring Trevor, whether he will breed again remains to be seen. His female has tried to enter the shed but if I happen to open the door she panics and I have to reverse into the kitchen and close the door while she finds her way out. Titch just sits there waiting for me to say hello and evidently likes to be fed even if is only a couple of pecks. Is he strong enough now to fight for his female, I wonder, all will be revealed no doubt.
  • Good to see Titch still around at the good age of 6. Hopefully he will have a family again this year.
  • Great captures Gaynor, hope Titch wins the territory :).
  • Fabulous captures of early possible courtship Gaynor, must have been such an exciting feeling to have been there!
  • Thank you all, it is funny how fast I could move Wendy when I looked up and saw two Robins together, grab camera, focus ha ha, and hope!!!
  • gaynorsl said:
    I saw the courtship feeding last year Mike, but wasn't quick enough with camera. I am glad to see that Titch is allowed back into the garden! it must have been the female that kept him out for the last few months.

Titch is six this Spring Trevor, whether he will breed again remains to be seen. His female has tried to enter the shed but if I happen to open the door she panics and I have to reverse into the kitchen and close the door while she finds her way out. Titch just sits there waiting for me to say hello and evidently likes to be fed even if is only a couple of pecks. Is he strong enough now to fight for his female, I wonder, all will be revealed no doubt.

Yes the courtship is over all too quickly, but still good to see.