Hand feeding the Marsh Tits

It's always lovely to wander around Leighton Moss rspb at any tine of year and seems the woodland birds are getting reacquainted with human foot traffic again and taking food from their hand.  

Today we were enjoying feeding not only the robins, Great Tits and even Blue Tits from our hand but the always confiding Marsh Tits were joining in;   dainty little birds and often you hear their "Pit-choo"  call to let you know they are on their way !       Here's one coming to Mike's hand ,,,,,,,,,,,,

back several times but there were two of them ........   

they are such charming little birds   (my favourite pic)

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Such wonderful captures aitch ... joy to behold!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• That's brilliant Hazel, what a treat. So nice that the birds are getting used to humans again

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Wendy and Tony, it feels a bit more like the old Leighton Moss with birds beginning to mug visitors for food. LOL. Lots of woodland birds, lots of Teal, Gadwall, Tufted Ducks and Snipe numbers building up nicely; gotta love those Snipe with their beautiful camouflage plumage as often when you see two you will see 22 if you start counting ! Mike was lucky enough to see a pair of Bearded Tits on the grit trays today which is a little unusual at this time of year although they have been using the trays longer this season. Might go to the salt marsh tomorrow but its just nice getting some walking in on this beautiful reserve, Wish you were here !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I've never noticed the Marsh Tits at Leighton being so confiding Hazel great photos.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• They are gorgeous and seem so trusting. Lovely photos.
  • How lovely Hazel :o)
    A privilege I've never experienced.
    Thanks for sharing
  • Wonderful, Hazel, Gorgeous and sweet little birds and absolutely great to have them taking food from your hands. Wish we were there, too!

Kind regards, Ann

• That is sooooo brilliant ;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Wonderful pics Hazy, what a treat. I have never even seen a Marsh Tit let alone had them feeding from my hand, what an experience. Glad to hear you are having a lovely hol up there in LM.

Lot to learn