In My Garden 2022......

Well I think it's time I started a new thread as the old one is way tooooooo long now but can still be found here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/206786/in-my-garden

Also the garden has been renamed Parkneuk Reserve ;-)

Hope you all had a fabulous festive period  and are all safe and well.

I have yet to venture out this year so it's just been me in my sparrowhawk hide (lol) aka Iona Summerhouse

So here's a few pics to kick off the new thread...hopefully get some new visitors this year..well I can live in hope ;-)

Jock taking pride of place in the Sprawk Hide

Had a mixture of sun, Frost and rain

Social distancing lollipops

Ringo hiding

Ringo after heavy rain

Redwing ...half decent pic finally 

And my lovely crows who are always on the look out for Jock!

Thanks for looking and hope you all continue to follow to the progress of my garden

• PimperneBloke said:
    Go for the ones with the "easy release" system too, in case you need a wee.... waders don't let liquid in OR out!!

Well, I guess that means they're impermeable!     Thinking

• Good to see your garden birds coming back in to take a bath Linda, great selection too, and of course always good to see Mrs Fox still looking healthy after tearing around probably looking after the kids:-)
  • Thanks Gaynor...its so nice to have them all back..Lollipop stayed for a wee while today so that was lovely with their sweet tweets lol.
    Foxes all doing well....Kids just look like adults now but still sound like kids when they are fighting for the food lol
  • Yes I have lovely green grass Mike as I haven't cut it for about 6 wks now lol

My trees are not so healthy though...more like Autumn with their leaves falling off ;-(
  • While I'm not familiar with the climate where you are, but here, annually mid-late July the leaves here do start to look autumnal generally and also falling. This isn't just our garden, but also out in the country nearby, so here, it is normal.

Obviously, as September and October get nearer, the process does accelerate and by November, the colours on the leaves have fully formed.

I know this summer has been drier than most for a lot of the UK, and there wil lbe some trees losing leaves earlier than normal. Keep a photo diary, not just of the trees and leaves, but also zoom out to include the sky, each photo will have a date/time stamp with digital, and compare it over the next couple of years, especially if there is a wet summer and see what differences you observe. You might be in for a pleasant surprise.

• Well the trees beyond the garden are still lush and green...my bayleaf trees are evergreen and have shed too many leaves just to be old ones!!! Even the young rowan trees that are meant to be tough as old boots are really struggling and the weeping Willows , bamboo and acers have been totally scorched .....crab apples must have about 10 leaves on each but hey my grass is green lol
  • It's catchup time again...have to welcome the new baby to the garden 1st

Evergreen they are meant to be!!!

Moulting going well

RRB looking handsome 

A rather crispy acer :-(

And my lollipops 

And that's your lot for just now...thanks for looking .... ;-)

• Hi Linda some lovely looking birds and more lollipops, don’t you just love them, nice to see the woodpecker looking very handsome and not forgetting the lovely Robin. I do like your garden furniture and decking display, a nice area to sit and watch your vast variety of birds with a nice bottle of bubbly
  • Some more brilliant photos from the reserve Linda, and  nice to see the lollipops. I keep hearing ours, but seeing nothing, except on the annual family outing, early -mid July time each year.

• Thanks ILR...oh I do love listening to and watching the cute little LTTs.
    Yes thats the latest addition to the garden ..Nice wee suntrap between the summerhouse and potting shed...still need to paint the decking....the list of jobs are never ending lol.....