A walk from Dunwich along Dingle Marshes with sights and wildlife aplenty.

• In reply to TJS:

TJS said:
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comments and posting tips, I'll try them next time.
    The waves in the pictures are quite deceptive, there was little wind, it was just a very heavy swell from Storm Arwen funneling down the North Sea and producing unusually large breakers as they hit the beach.
    As for gloves I have a pair of photography/shooting gloves where the tip of the index finger and thumb peel back which I use when it's really cold but I still prefer to use my right hand bare if I can stand it.
    Trevor

You're welcome.

For me there is no real need for touchscreen gloves, though the odd occasion I need to operate the touch screen taking the glove off for a few seconds doesn't give any hardship, that's why I've never gone out and bought any to try, though I'm sure one day I will.

There are some key brands in the outdoor world which do eTip gloves, and they would be the first I'd go to.

Yes, waves can be very deceptive, and very often they are the aftermath of big rolling waves many miles, hundreds or even thousands, away.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Smashing set of photos Trevor just right for cheering us up when we are feeling a bit down. It's not an area we have been but it seems pretty exposed which I find atractive quite a change from the moors we normally try to head for. I'm glad we are not the only ones getting cut off suddenly on the forum it is hard to know where the fault lies in cases like this. Being a non photographer I often wonder how you guys,and gals, manage with touch screens in outdoor conditions.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi Pete,
    Many thanks for the comments, much appreciated.
    I manage with my touch screen by almost never using it, I prefer the dials and buttons. In the winter when my hands get cold and dry I find that touch screens don't work very well if at all.
    Suffolk's shingle beaches and associated vegetation are unique, very open and nothing quite like it anywhere. I love it but also love the contrast of cliffs, moorland and mountain streams elsewhere in the country
    Variety is what keeps us happy.
    Best Wishes,
    Trevor
  • In reply to TJS:

Hi Trevor, I have finally had the chance to have a good look at your photos and they are wonderful. I love the close-ups and the more distant shots which give an idea of that beautiful coastline and the sediment-filled surf left from storm Arwen. Thanks so much for posting your pics and double thanks for posting them twice! As you have seen, others have had the same issues with posting photos on these threads, and I admire and appreciate the determination of all photographers for sticking with the task of posting on this RSPB forum. Sorry, I cannot pick a favourite, although Snow Buntings are pretty special. Perhaps it has something to do with their only turning up here coming up to Christmas so they seem to be a part of the holiday celebrations. They are cute as well and, like Goldfinches, they are living Christmas decorations.

Kind regards, Ann

• In reply to Gardenbirder:

Many thanks Ann,
    Your appreciation makes the effort all the more worthwhile.
    Best Wishes,
    Trevor