Bits and bobs from today -- Updated 1.12.21

First of all the Egrets returned yesterday, saw seven but managed only three together

Not there today, but instead a movement caught my eye

Such a beautiful "silver" pheasant

Not bothered by the cattle passing by, I think on walking out there later I spotted two female further down the field, let's hope they stay safe.

Think I was caught out

I was happy to see this red squirrel, haven't seen one for ages, and it was happily sitting up in the tree safely perusing the area.

Had half an hour or so walking around and trying to see if I could find any dreys, but no so as it was getting darker I made it home before the rain/sleet.

• Just to say, the treacle loaf came out of oven nicely, not bad but needs more black treacle I think, toasted well for lunch.
  • Very adventurous Gaynor ... the next one will be perfection!
  • The Egrets returned today, just a couple of them with Titch also appearing

Slightly better shot, I took a photo of white sheet of paper (as suggested in book!!)

Altercation, even the cattle had a look

Pheasants multiplying

Titch called in - literally - he took a wrong door on his way out of shed, I didn't know and had carried on unpacking my shopping.    Went in house and into lounge to look at the laptop to check an order, did that, back out to kitchen to start toast for lunch.   In Titch flew from lounge or other room, and was in the house for at least another five mins with me.  Thought I would try and get a few pics, don't know when I will get the priviledge again inside, he hasn't come in for six months or more.

No Titch, I agree, the weather out there is atrocious :-)

I had opened the window so out he hopped into the Berberis bush just outside

My cheeky chappie!!

Looks as if even the rain stopped for him!!!   That could be my Xmas photo to you all.

xx Gaynor

• Fabulous Gaynor, agree last one wiill be a great Xmas card!
  • Awww, great to see Titch again and no wonder he preferred indoors instead of outside with the recent weather !
    Love the way he makes himself at home perched up by the chair looking out of the window LOL !! Nice the L.Egrets are back too. Lovely photos.
  • He is a cheeky chappy indeed, making himself right at home, lovely to see Titch again.
  • Thanks Wendy, I have been printing out a few of that particular pic for Xmas cards tonight, at least it got me started on sorting them out this year!!
    Hazy the weather has been cold and wet hasn't it, I am always glad to get to bed these days to warm up under the quilt, blanket and fleece!!!
    Always glad to see Titch these days C.lady as he isn't around every day any more owing to the intruder we have in the garden, proper little boss it is, that dives on Titch whenever he tries to get in. I don't know if it is one that he bred last year or could even be the female, time will tell next Spring I suppose.
  • gaynorsl said:
    Thanks Mike, I am always amazed that my little Pani manages to get the photos so well, as for the Egrets, well they have disappeared again, and I never have learnt how to compensate for the white balance though I have a book that just needs reading :-)

You're welcome.

• Lovely photos again, and a cheeky little chappie is titch, leaving its mates out there in the cold and wet!

I agree, it would make a nice Christmas card picture

• Lovely pics, Gaynor, and I love your little Titch--nice of him to pose for your Christmas card for us! Hope he can reclaim your garden for next season.