Bits and bobs from today -- Updated 1.12.21

First of all the Egrets returned yesterday, saw seven but managed only three together

Not there today, but instead a movement caught my eye

Such a beautiful "silver" pheasant

Not bothered by the cattle passing by, I think on walking out there later I spotted two female further down the field, let's hope they stay safe.

Think I was caught out

I was happy to see this red squirrel, haven't seen one for ages, and it was happily sitting up in the tree safely perusing the area.

Had half an hour or so walking around and trying to see if I could find any dreys, but no so as it was getting darker I made it home before the rain/sleet.

Lot to learn

• Forgot these two

Last night just before sunset

I have just made a treacle loaf, will let you know if it is good!!!!!!

Lot to learn

• Brave soul for venturing out in the chilly weather Gaynor but your reward is our reward!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• One could never tire of such a stunning view Gaynor..oh great to see wee red kicking about again..;-)

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• You'll never be bored with those views and sightings Gaynor. -good to see the little egrets and the handsome pheasant and who could resist those stunning views. Glad you saw the red squirrel, numbers seem to be increasing nicely :).

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Nice photos Gaynor, a lovely silvery colour on the male pheasant, love the wee puddy cat and the sunsets are lovely. Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I think everyone else has summed up beautifully Gaynor, thanks for sharing :o)
  • I think everyone else has summed up beautifully Gaynor, thanks for sharing :o)
  • Thank you all very much, glad you enjoyed the photos, with Xmas approaching I feel a need for ordinary, plain, peaceful views and vegetation. So when I decorate the house this week the warmth of Xmas will generate euphoria and the madness that hides within me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry.....just watching Simon Reeve going around Sellafield, mind boggling,

Lot to learn

• Lovely photos Gaynor, and the last two, there's no mistaking that mountain, and the railway track going up it!

The little egrets have come up well, they can be a hard bird to photograph due to the white plumage

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Thanks Mike, I am always amazed that my little Pani manages to get the photos so well, as for the Egrets, well they have disappeared again, and I never have learnt how to compensate for the white balance though I have a book that just needs reading :-)

Lot to learn