Beachwork yesterday - additions Wednesday

On the other side of the Island with family, chilly but invigorating

There were a few of these Pied Waggies around jumping up and down catching the sand fleas (or that is what I call 'em)

Can't say I envied these paddle boarders

They seemed to enjoy it and were out a good half hour or more.

This is the other side of Snowdon, the mountains running down to the sea, ending up on the Lleyn I think.

My two Grandsons playing around 

The 11yr old (to be) lifting up his brother!!!

No other way for it to end :-) 

I'll try for birds next time!!

• Thanks Ann,  I enjoyed the day, lovely to hear the laughter from the kids, builds you up:-)

Went out for another walk today and took a few photos, not much to show really especially as I found later at home that I was taking buoys instead of seals!!  Left those off funnily enough!!!!

There must have been a shoal of fish underneath to bring so much interest

Then over on the island can only be PB's favourites, I didn't even see them until I put on to computer.

Back home just as it was getting darkish I noticed

I had a visitor I haven't seen for months or more even, he didn't stay more than a few minutes

I wonder will he return tomorrow.

Bye for now

• Lovely additions Gaynor, what a fantastic area to go for a walk and get some fresh air as well as spotting buoys LOL The gulls looked busy so as you say, must have been a shoal close to the surface. Bonus male woodpecker in the garden and I'm sure the birds will be building up in numbers as the weather heads towards winter. Even on our balcony the other day we had 11 blue tits at the same time ! they love the sunflower hearts mostly but are filling up on Peckish suet nuggets and the odd peanut kibble; also got two coal tits, a wren and a bossy robin who bulldozes any other bird daring to enter what it considers as his balcony LOL He's singing now and possibly trying to attract a female. He's losing the battle with the blue tits who keep nipping in behind his back !! keeps me entertained watching the activity and who would have thought there would be this many birds on an apartment balcony and also a moorhen and mallard group below on the pond area.
  • Lovely photos Gaynor and I'd forgotten Ynys Moelfre!

Not having walked around that side of Moelfre for a few years, it had slipped my mind.

Did you pop in to Ann's Pantry, for a cuppa and/or bite?

My wife, Ang and I love sitting out in the garden there on a nice day and if its not too busy, there's often quite a bit of local bird life in the trees, looking for scraps on the ground...

• Never knew of this island before Gaynor, how lucky you are to be able to walk to view it!
    A link here for others to enjoy ... www.moelfre.org/wildlife_nature.htm
  • It doesn't surprise me at all Hazy that you have attracted so many birds to your lovely balcony, they will feel so safe up there and all that easy food too. Great views you will be having up close can just imagine next year with you sitting out there surrounded by birds demanding to be fed:-)
    Ha yes Mike we passed by Ann's Pantry but decided not to partake this time!! The island they call Moelfre Island I believe we used to call the Mouse, in fact there are three - Inner, Middle and Outer stretched out between Moelfre and Amlwch, don't know why they were called that by the locals.
    Thanks Wendy for that link, it makes me realise how lucky I am to live around here always so good when the weather behaves and sun comes out. Of course stormy weather is also amazing to see with the waves crashing up on those rocks and the wind howling, just these days I am nesh and prefer the warm!!!