Meet the regulars

- who are such a common sight around London.

• Very rare to see these Parakeets here up in North Yorkshire. As they are not a UK native I do have mixed feelings about them as their presence is quite controversial as they take over nest sites from native birds. Nice photo despite that though and not a bird we see much of on the forum.
  • Wendy S said:
    Very rare to see these Parakeets here up in North Yorkshire. As they are not a UK native I do have mixed feelings about them as their presence is quite controversial as they take over nest sites from native birds. Nice photo despite that though and not a bird we see much of on the forum.

I'm with you Pete, mixed feelings regarding parakeets not being a native species.

• All the same , in London they have become very common - I dislike anything that threatens any animals or wildlife, but then it is as it it - all God's creatures and all that :)
  • It isn't the birds' fault that they have arrived over here, but I too can only hope that they don't take over and push out our small species. Maybe our cold winters will take it's toll on the numbers. They do look odd perched there but anywhere is better than in a cage for me.