ringing

can someoen please explain how bird ringing works i.e endagered species ect i ask about perigrines as they nest near ot me but

the chicks have never fledged and its the location of the box above the river but i would like to know more about ringing 

m/t

• Hi & welcome, it may be wise not to have your email address displayed on here as it is open to all & you could attract spam!
    Is this nest in the public domain ... if so then where & is there a webcam?
  • hello i need to ask if you can advise me about my email address..i had no idea i was at risk and have no idea how to fix it or how i did what i did if you can guide through that please
  • For information on the monitoring and ringing of raptors try the North of England Raptor Forum web pages, for ringing in general try the BTO pages as they regulate the ringing licences and training
  • Ringing builds up records of many things.

www.birdguides.com/.../
    "An adult White-tailed Eagle, identified in the field in 2020 by its ring, has been confirmed as the oldest known individual of this species ever recorded in Britain and Ireland.

The eagle had been ringed as a nestling in Highland Scotland in 1996, ageing it as 23 years and 11 months old.

Furthermore, the oldest known British Common Chiffchaff was caught 10 years, 10 months and 27 days after it had initially been ringed at Rutland Water in July 2009. The typical lifespan of this species is around two years."

It never really revealed where cuckoos go in winter (and how they get to where they go). That required more modern stuff.