6 miles round Tittesworth Water

28 degrees,   mad dogs and Englishmen, etc.,,,,,      we decided to take a walk around Tittesworth water (reservoir) at Meerbrook, .Staffordshire.        Didn't expect to see many birds being so sweltering but there were a few birds out on the water such as G.C.Grebes, Lapwings, Pied Wagtails, B.H.Gulls, Mallards, etc,      although I didn't get many photos as most were distant but I'll put up a few pics including scenic shots to give you an idea of this circular walk.    

This is the view you get as you drive towards the Visitor Centre and car park

and from the opposite end of the reservoir where the Dam is .....

Dam wall .............

A view of "The Roaches"  seen from the walk around Tittesworth water,   which is also in the Peak District

a young Rabbit was there to greet us at the rear of the Visitor Centre .....    it was not too skittish thankfully ! 

keeping an eye on the camera whilst it munched away at the grass

there were a few juvenile Pied Wagtails around ..............  

lots of insects around for them ......

Grasshopper 

for much of the walk we were shaded by woodland areas 

Meadow brown 

A lovely Ringlet by the looks of it although I don't see many of them 

and a juvenile mini-pop peeking out from the twig    !! 

colourful Thistles 

and I would have believed the next statement if we hadn't ended up looking like two large defrosted ice-cubes at the end of the 6 mile jaunt !  

nearly back to the Visitor Centre and on the last quarter mile  :) 

Reward at the end of the walk ..............raspberry lemonade for me and a Latte for t'other half  ! 

• Great to see your photos Hazy, the Rabbit is a beaut and also the young Pied Wagtail. Love the clouds on the second photo, and the woodland walk looked idyllic, don't know about the last quarter of a mile though, maybe the raspberry cordial and latte made it all very worth while.
  • What a beautiful place to have a walk Hazel..love the young lollipop, I think I would have needed a bigger glass of juice than that after 6 miles in that heat! Thanks for showing us such a beautiful part of the country.
  • That woodland path looks inviting Hazel :o) ... I know what you mean about the heat, I was down the river (photo's to follow, bring a cuppa lol) Lovely looking area, and that looks suspiciously Gin n Cranberry-like lol. Thanks for sharing
  • Thanks all ....... shortly off to Burton Mere Wetlands rspb for another roasting session but this time we are meeting up with one of our forum buddies :) all will be revealed later ........ ah-hem ! I mean the forumate we are joining ..... not Mike and I going skinny dipping LOL We're going to need a gallon of iced reviver at the end ;) Catch ya laters
  • Unknown said:
    Thanks all ....... shortly off to Burton Mere Wetlands rspb for another roasting session but this time we are meeting up with one of our forum buddies :) all will be revealed later ........ ah-hem ! I mean the forumate we are joining ..... not Mike and I going skinny dipping LOL We're going to need a gallon of iced reviver at the end ;) Catch ya laters

LOL

Just think of both days, Titteswell & Burton Mere as a sauna session with outside gym!

Brilliant photos Hazel and always, and nice to see the Roaches again, with Hen Cloud just to the right.

Nice photo of the grasshopper, and the fluffy looking lollipop. and the pied wagtail looked like it could be in its element with all those insects around it....