A few of last night's little stroll across the beach

I think this is a Pippit, out on the beach instead of the Meadow?

The Heron waiting for the tide to come up the river

Striding across to meet another

Look at all that bait out there!!!!   could be that is what they are thinking, then no,... fish are easier to snatch when the tide comes in :-)  or frogs, lizards etc as Hazy has just told me!!!  Maybe not on the beach though':-)

You can get up to six or seven in one area as they wait for the river to flood

Slight change, this is today, it has rained all day -, the garden is loving it, so am I actually, no watering tonight :-) 

This Bottle brush is more suited to Australia, but has survived very well in our climate.

Drip drip, drip, just to remind you lot what it's like to get wet (hearing about all the sunny, hot weather today everywhere)  

The Welsh Poppy not happy, nor will be the bees which love to get it's nectar.

I have also taken a young sparrow having a meal which will put up later, and poor Titch soaking, back and fore for food for his young, I didn't take a pic of him as he was too busy.

Bye for now

hope you can sleep tonight not too troubled by sunburn!!

• Nice mixture of photos Gaynor tidal area is one of the habitats we miss here in mid N.Yorks
  • Thanks Seaman, Anglesey is great for mountains, sea and countryside, well blessed:-)
  • Great set of photos Gaynor and what a lovely place for a stroll; glad there was a good range of food for the heron - maybe a vole or two ;) Your garden is looking fabulous and nice to see a familiar plant from Australia which we used to have in our Ozzie garden !! Glad Titch is keeping busy and keeping the robin population boosted lol
  • Thanks Hazy, I was only intending a short walk but Sue had other ideas, we must have done two miles or more, getting back to the car she pretended to walk past it, I know she has limited sight but she knew it was there, little so and so, she would have continued on for another two miles I know. Still it was a great night, nothing else to do, only footie on tv, grrrr, not even a good rugby game to watch is there. So glad I took my camera and amused myself.
  • gaynorsl said:
    I was only intending a short walk but Sue had other ideas

LOL Gaynor !    good for Sue;   life in the old dog yet as they say and animals do have a way of getting round you as I remember from my Aunt's Jack Russell who spent half the time with me during my mid teenage years;   she was never allowed on to the bed but one morning I awoke to find her with her head on the pillow sleeping just like a human right next to me - but how could I be angry with her, the cheeky thing  !!    Our neighbours upstairs have a 15 year old cocker spaniel who is so sweet,   it is blind and deaf now but you can tell he still loves his walks as the nose takes over, bless it.       I can picture Sue later this afternoon standing by her lead     LOL      Enjoy and keep bringing us back these lovely scenic and wildlife photos which are literally a breath of fresh air for us all to share.  

• Nice photos of the wildlife and the Straits. The herons ain't daft, they're marking their spots ready for when the tide starts to come in, before the little egrets get there....

I'm missing the area, and with the way Covid is going, don't expect to be that way any time soon, so it is more than nice to see your pics.