A visit to Bempton on Monday 7 June 2021

Managed our annual trip to Bempton on Monday 10 June 2021 - excellent conditions for photography until thunder and lightning put an end to the trip.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• Lovely set, Bob - though I think you went on Monday 7th June. Believe it or not we've just come back from Bempton, having gone up on Thursday 10th June (Limpy's birthday)! As wonderful as ever.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Another super set Bob, I always love Gannet pics as I've only ever seen them flying over the horizon lol
    Bempton is certainly on my list of places (which is now getting absurdly long!)
    Thanks for sharing :o)
  • In reply to Clare:

You are quite right it was Monday the 7th . Belated Happy Birthday to Limpy - it’s a great place for a Birthday Treat. It was my treat too - Birthday on 30 May.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• Fantastic set of photos Bob, it's certainly an interesting place and a favourite spot for seeing nesting Gannets. In the past we have found it better to go down the road a little to North Landing, Flamborough for easier views of Puffins and also easier if we have grandsons with us. Hopefully this bit of coast will be on our must do list in the very near future. Your photos will certainly stir us to get a move on so thanks for posting.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to Seaman:

Yes we always go down to North Landing as well, not only for the Puffins but also for the House Martins nesting under the cliffs plus Kath likes to swim there if the weather is good enough as it is such a beautiful little bay.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

• Flamborough and Filey are our nearest seabird areas and have long been favourites, At the moment as Chris is the only driver and it makes a long day trip we are looking at booking a couple on nights over there.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Cracking set of shots, Bob. Weather permitting, we may take a trip up to Troup Head in a few weeks time to see the Gannets. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• A brilliant collection of photos Bob, Bempton's a great place for birds in flight and well done with the Fulmar the bird I find the trickiest to capture in flight there. I've been to Bempton 3 times and always at the same time of year (March into April). Last year, then this year, were supposed to be a trip at a later time and now not sure we'll be able to make it.
    Regards
    Trevor
  • Fabulous pics Bob, love the Gannets especially, always charismatic in their poses. The Puffin doing it's crashlanding, and the young Gannets with their lovely plumage, all really great to see.
    Happy belated birthday to everyone, my favourite month of the year, don't know why, must be the weather !!

Lot to learn

• Fabulous photos Bob, Bempton is on my list of places to visit, once Covid19 settles down and we can stop with family in N Yorkshire.

However, I'm missing my annual dose of puffins, again this year, with not being able to get to South Stack, again....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler