Pictures capture lamb 'horribly stranded' on cliff ledge as it's brought to safety

This story does have a happy ending, but it is nature.

Pictures capture lamb 'horribly stranded' on cliff ledge as it's brought to safety

• The names Ewe, Pugh and Baah-ny Mcgrew spring to mind when I see that lol

Glad lambykins was rescued successfully, they do get themselves in some difficult spots at times.

• Back in the late 60's/early 70's I was involved with the local fell rescue team and animal rescue was a regular call out, some of the team even designed a harness to put sheep in to haul them up. As well as saving the animals it was great pr with the local farmers whose help such rescue teams often had to call on for access to caves and such. Good to see a happy outcome tothis.
  • Wendy S said:
    Back in the late 60's/early 70's I was involved with the local fell rescue team and animal rescue was a regular call out, some of the team even designed a harness to put sheep in to haul them up. As well as saving the animals it was great pr with the local farmers whose help such rescue teams often had to call on for access to caves and such. Good to see a happy outcome tothis.

Animal rescues are quite a commonplace for many rescue teams today, a mix of wild animals, semi wild and pets.