A Wee Outing Finally!

So it's the 1st time in a very long time we have ventured out. We decided to go up the Clydevalley to a wee place called Crossford which the river Clyde flows through an to try and aquire some rocks for my rockery lol...garden centres were on the way.

It's been many years since I have been here and as we arrived the place has now been turned into a family farmyard attraction but we could still walk along the Riverside.

First up The Mallards

It was so lovely just to sit and watch the water flow and little birds sing and collect insect.

I saw this one under the bridge.  It flew back and forth several times.

A spotted flycatcher me thinks?? A 1st for me if it is

BT enjoying  his caterpillar 

A grey waggie sneaking into the farm without paying!

It has a wee bangle on aswell

A couple from the farm as we walked up the path

Guess who is hiding 

Was taking us away from the water so we walked back and sat down and was greeted with several grey waggies collecting insects over the river

And just so happens there were some loose stones and pebbles lying around that ended up in my bag somehow lol

Sorry for the waggie overload but I could have sat there all day as it was so peaceful and just a joy to be out!

Hope you all enjoyed the jaunt up the Clyde with me

Stay safe

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Dear Ms Sturgeon
    Please tighten up your lockdown policies, especially around Linda's house, or I'll just keep getting envious of her waggie shots!
    Yours in Hope
    PB

Glad you got out again Linda :o) Thanks for sharing
  • PB, looking at all those little midgies in and around the water, I think you'll be happier staying where you, no matter how lovely the area!

Linda, fabulous photos of what looks a brilliant walk, including that sneaky little tree creeper.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Glad you were able to venture out to what looks like such a beautiful area and similar terrain to where we went last week with flowing river and vegetation attracting both waterfowl and woodland birds; a very nice sighting of spotted flycatcher in particular and the male and female wagtail collecting an abudance of insects. I don't see a TC but I do see a wee Wren lol Thanks for sharing your lovely walk down by the Clyde river.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Looks like a good trip for your first real outing Linda its not an area of Scotland I recall visiting. Way back when I worked briefly in Glasgow but only saw the industrial side of the Clyde this shows a totally different view thanks for posting.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks all.
    @Hazel ...It is indeed jenny wren
    @Mike ...sorry not a treecreeper
    @Pete.....Its towards Lanark so quite a wee jaunt down the motorway from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow
    @PB....

• A lovely walk I had up the Clyde with you Linda, beautiful photos. Lovely colours in the sunshine. Not too much Waggie overload! Glad you managed to find a few stones for the garden. Looks like a nice place to pass the time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Glad you enjoyed it CL. Still a few stones short so may need another visit lol

• Glad to see you made the most of the weather Linda, if you are like us it has turned cold and rainy today. Always so good to be able to sit and enjoy the water and countryside, and your camera was working well too, fabulous shots.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thanks Gaynor, yeah its turned dull drizzly and windy now..hopefully brightens up for the weekend so we can get out again

• In reply to Linda257:

Linda257 said:
    Thanks all.

@Mike ...sorry not a treecreeper

Doh!

Think I need to go back to school!

If they'll have me back.... 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler