A sing-along with Titch this morning

Ah ... downloading from 'burst' isn't straightforward then!!

Getting there  -  Titch busy these days feeding his partner just down the lane, and comes over when I'm out with Sue knowing I will have mealworm for him.

You can't do video when in 'burst' apparently, so we just have to imagine the lovely singing.    My videos have been so bad that maybe that is a good anyway:-)

Hope you are all doing well

Gaynor

• Cheers Nigel, today he was at back door early for a quick mealie, walked down to the field later on and he came over from usual place, took one mealworm, flew back to original nesting bush, came back in a couple of minutes, took one more mealie, swallowed it and then re-gurgitated it (lovely) but flew back to nest, softening it up for chick? don't know, but so very glad to see him.
  • Found a blue egg, slightly speckled and dead chick could be blackbird or starling just 15yards from Titch's nest. So maybe that is why he was acting differently, probably a magpie the predator or a corvid. I must stop blaming the farmer for disrupting the area. Mind you the hedges are still bare this year, he had them cut back much too late. So tonight I saw Titch singing happily above the nest, my fingers are tightly crossed.
  • Yes, fingers crossed that all is well, Gaynor. Lovely photos of Titch!
    On another topic, Gaynor, I couldn't believe we were not already listed as friends when I clicked on 'Connect' on your page on the Forum and the only choices were 'Follow' or 'Cancel Friendship Request'. I've now clicked 'Follow,' and then please do not feel offended if I also click 'cancel friend request' and then send you a new friend request because I've no idea how ancient the original request was, presumably from me to you but might have been the other way around--sorry, no idea!

Edit: Tried that and now the choices are 'Unfollow' and still 'Cancel Friend Request'--perhaps there is a time lag?  I'll wait a bit and try again. (Sorry about this, everyone!)  

• Gaynor, I just sent you a new request.
  • Hi Anne, yes I have just accepted the request, not sure how any of this works, I just click when and if I feel the need!!!!
  • Thanks, Gaynor. If we manage to get to north west Wales this summer, I'll let you know.
  • Unknown said:
    Thanks, Gaynor. If we manage to get to north west Wales this summer, I'll let you know.

I'm not sure Ann if you've been that way before, but I can guarantee its lovely up there, and the north coast heralds some nicely interesting reserves.

• Couldn't agree more with you, Mike--it is a very lovely part of the world! We've had several holidays there in the years before the virus, although no holidays at all last year anywhere. Visited several Osprey sites, historical and cultural spots (the odd castle, etc.), lovely restaurants, a Red Kite feeding spot, and a couple of RSPB reserves including one you have mentioned, Conwy. Bought some lovely paintings of Snowdonia directly from the artist one year.