Mally, Mandy and friends !

few photos taken this morning when we had a stroll near the mere ......

I always love seeing the pretty female mallards

Also saw a treecreeper (actually saw a pair of TC's)   by the mere although photos were a bit tricky to get ......

a gorgeous little Wren ....... 

Bluey enjoying a few seed treats I put down for it 

it's all about concentration as you prise the sunflower seed open  !!        Did look a bit of a strange angle with wings like a butterfly  ! 

another bluey up on a mossy branch ......

and the Mandarins are always very elusive on the mere but hard cropped a photo of one of the pairs that were just visible 

Apparently I believe this is the largest breeding colony in the NW of England;     a few years back 150 were counted around the mere !

• I love to see your photos Hazy, the Tree-creeper is amazing, such difficult birds to see let alone take some fab photos. Same goes for the wren, not often out in the open. It is a big bonus to have such beautiful birds close to home.
  • Lovely selection of shots, Hazel. I've never seen Mandarin Ducks.
  • A good selection and a bit of a coincidence that I saw a pair of Treecreepers yesterday too. Bluey peeking over the mossy branch is fun. I must admit, I don't often see Mandarin in the wild, but then last winter I spotted an entire flock of 20-30 hiding under the over-hanging trees of a local reservoir. I haven't been able to see if they were there again this winter.
  • Superb photos Hazel, and what better than female mallards for International Women's Day.

I find it fascinating watching small birds crack open seeds, the do adopt some interesting poses.

• You can't say about your eyesight, Hazel, then take fabulous pics of teeny weeny birds!! And more of the Mandarins!!!! Gorgeous
  • Truly lovely photos Hazel, you did great with the photos of the Tree creepers, I haven’t seen one in over a year now but will keep looking. Always nice to see the Mandarins and I think blue Tits are lovely and very photogenic, Not to mention the female Mallards your photos are so sharp, and I have to mention the little Wren, I had one in the garden on Sunday but they are so quick, one of these days I may get another photo of one, Lol
  • PimperneBloke said:
    You can't say about your eyesight, Hazel, then take fabulous pics of teeny weeny birds!!

Thanks PB but you wouldn't believe how many birds I miss;    I get more and more frustrated with all the juggling I have to do with bins, glasses and camera and at times I almost want to give up  lol  !!    Hopefully, once we have more freedom from lockdown I can look into (pardon the pun ! )  getting lens replacement as I'm at the maximum adjustment level possible for camera/bins dioptre.     It's more luck of the draw if I get a clear photo but that is mainly down to the AF on the camera. 

• It's great to see Treecreeper photos,we have struggled to see many locally this year not sure if the bad weather hit them, hopefjully it is just us being in the wrong place.
  • Lovely pics Hazel, mandarin duck is so colourful, lovely little tree creeper too.
  • Gorgeous photos, Hazel, especially love the female Mallard, of course. Blue Tits are always great to see and Wrens, too. We have one visiting the garden occasionally, and surprisingly it seems happy to come fairly close to us now and then. But I have not seen a Tree Creeper in ages--lucky you.