Spring Sunshine

How beautiful was that Spring sunshine this weekend?  Our garden was chock full of bees.  On a couple of bumble bees I noticed that they had mites.  Does this cause them any harm?   

• Hi fcshuttlewood and welcome to the community forum;    I did a quick scan of the internet and you may find THIS ARTICLE helps answer your question.     Hopefully we can increase the amount of bumblebees and their survival with planting pollen friendly plants and letting a small area of our gardens grow a bit more wild.    

By the way,  I would change your username from your email address to something else as this forum is open to the world wide web access and you may get spammed.  

• Brilliant!  Many thanks for the article.  Very interesting.  Incidentally, how do I change my username?  Just spent half an hour going round in circles and now have a headache!!  

• FranS said:
    Incidentally, how do I change my username? 

I've never done it myself but I think you go into your profile page to change it  (by clicking on your Avatar top right of page)   

If Alan is reading this he will most likely have a better idea on how to do this than me .       Just shout if you need more help.  

• If you go to the main website and go on your profile page as hazy has said failing that if you scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on quick links the rspb has a contact us they should be able to help you Fran
  • Fran,

First, lovely photos, and second, and probably more important, you might find it wise to alter your login name from displaying your full email address.

While the regulars here are trustworthy, you never know who is lurking in the shadows.

• Hi Fran, good idea to change your forum name, to do this do the following.

At the top right where you see the symbols above the words join and donate, hit the circle on the left.
    You will the see they circle and your email address, which just now is your name, hit the email address.

Now on the right, a few spaces down from the top,  hit the box that says edit profile.

Now at the top left you will see a white box beside the circle and your email address in it,  where the email is change that to what name you want to be known as, then save.

Hope this works for you.

EDIT: Dinner was ready so never finished post, if you want to change your picture, when you are in edit, hit the circle that has the bird in it (that is the default setting) either pick any other given options or if you have any photos saved on the device you are using, that you like, upload them and pick one of those, once saved all will be changed.