Singing For His Breakfast

Beautiful day today so I decided to have breakfast in the garden....Coffee, Hot pancakes with butter and a croissant with jam...yeah ano am greedy Joy

So I headed out , camera aswell...ahhh lovely sun and the bird were tweeting away ...then I could hear a song but struggled to find a singer...I knew it was up in the trees somewhere,,, one eye on  my breakfast  and the other searching for the singer...I had almost given up when I spotted him....

Then he moved..damn branches!!

Then off he went again...ahh much better

Belting it out

on the move yet again...

"did you like my singing"?

Then off he went...finally a could eat my breakfast..lol

Half way through my cool cup of coffee ........

Little D thought he would tune up  aswell

It was so lovely to be back out in the garden listening to all the birds today...

• Thanks ILR...He kept moving which didn't make it easy but thats all part of the fun...He seems to have claimed the xmas tree feeders now...poor wee gold crest is being driven out! Lol
  • Cheers Nige...easier to spot when its jumping about the garden lol.....you know I only share my food with...... nobody! Lol...I have 4 dunnocks now...hopefully babies again this year woohoo...exciting time ahead Wink
  • It was a lovely day Linda, as I was driving into work in the sunshine a lady was out in the a green and I said to myself, I could be doing that! Today though I will potter as it is a lovely day again, the sun is out and it looks lovely. A cracking set of photos, I bet the sound was beautiful. I noticed for the first time yesterday just as light was coming, the Blackbird and then Robin singing away, a lovely sound, although the I did say at that hour, give me a few hours more!!
  • With (or without the lovely Scottish Accent... o loved that tale of contented breakfast happiness! I’m listening to a cacophony any of birdsong myself this morning! I let that delicious richness of sound soak up into my ears & heart! It’s been so long since I’ve stepped into the garden and heard this delight! Not quite warm enough in west of Sheffield to have breakfast outside just yet!... but I admire you for taking yours out there! What’s a brilliant start to the day.... with (or without) Breskfast! Thumbsup tone2
  • LOL.....Thanks CL...damp start down here today so I went and bought some more stuff for the garden....then the sun came out an hour later so was out in garden for couple of hours digging and planting then shovel went up in the air gloves flew off as I ran in the house to get my camera as had another flyby...I just love geese flying overhead.....had to fish a glove out the pond afterwards lol
  • I did a video was it last year of the Thrush singing away, good luck Linda, it took me ages to manage to work it out, then found out that my computer was too old to upload anyway, so only managed it recently as I upgraded!!!!!!
  • Thanks Night Owl it is so lovely to hear the birds sing again...brings such joy
  • Yes a remember Gaynor..you were out with Sue Wink
  • Yes that's right Linda, loved your video on the other thread, nothing like the song of the Thrush.