Snowfall in lockdown

Woke up to a light covering of snow before it got heavier;    we still took our hour's walk on the adjacent parkland so grabbed a few photos with Mike's new iPhone12   !      Nothing is edited.

Taken from our balcony 

then it was off for our walk .............

the building in the background is one of the 3 Lighthouse Labs in UK  where they test the Covid swabs

Radnor Mere 

for some reason struggling to upload some photos so I'll try one by one ............. bear with me  !!     more woodland pics to come ......

• Lovely Hazel, such a srunning view from the balcony with all that snow. Nice to see your still getting out a daily walk regardless of the weather
  • Good to hear from you Hazel, glad your are both still able to get out for your daily exercise, I hope Mike is making a good recovery and maybe enjoying not so sloppy foods now! A lovely video, makes you shiver to watch it! The pictures are beautiful, the new camera takes a good picture. Such a lovely area with beautiful scenery, can't wait to see it through the changing seasons. Take care and keep safe x
  • That was a lovely snowfall Hazy, very enjoyable when it falls peacefully and sort of gently without the wind making it into a blizzard:-) I agree with Clady, the phone is taking great photos, you don't need all the heavy gear with the quality being so good, though I guess all the proper photographers will hate me saying that!! Glad to see that you and Mike are getting out for your walks now and again hope that Mike is healing well and able to eat proper meals once more.
  • Thanks ladies,   we're trying to get out on a daily walk as we are really lucky to have this scenery right outside our door;   we are also lucky to have probably one of the very few open cafe's which is allowed as it is part of an office block and open Mon-Fri.      We can sit in an atrium style area very socially spaced, order before we arrive so we can go straight to pick up and enjoy a coffee, bacon or sausage ciabatta or baked potato or sandwich !    limited menu but a real bonus to have ten minutes walk from front door.     Here's a pic of the airy open area where we feel really safe as most office workers are on furlough;    all wearing face masks when not seated which is reassuring and plenty of antibacterial wipes on each table and sanitising gel around.  

They even have two lambs    LOL    

Mike is doing really well now thanks, he will have ultrasound scans every three months and he's putting on a bit of weight at last thank goodness.     He's eating proper meals now without me having to blitz everything  !     

• Great views and even better news about his nibs.
  • Brilliant news Hazy, and lovely pic of your man Mike looking so well, the lambs aren't bad either;!!
  • Beautiful photos Dave and that's a lot of snow !! So picturesque where you are and to see birds like Red Crossbills - how I would love to see those; I did see UK crossbills in our garden once when two juveniles (I think there was probably adults too but in the trees hidden) which had come down to the waterfall on the pond to drink. Looking forward to your next photos to cheer us up in lockdown here !
  • would love to see any photos you get of the Honey Buzzards, only rare visitors to our country; also photos of the Emperor Woodpecker LOL !!!
  • Lovely photos Dave, I love snowy wintery pictures and those are lovely with all the unusual shapes the snow and frost has made. Such a different variety of wildlife you have with you, look forward to the next instalment!
  • What a lovely walk, and super photos and video of the snow from your balcony Hazel.

Good to see Mike looking well, I hope all is still progressing well for you both.