A blue(ish) sky day in Dorset

So as you may have noted in a few other threads, the weather has been distinctly poor when I've not been working the last few weeks, but today the forecast was for cold and clear with a bit of mist early on. Mrs PB and myself decided to be responsible and to take our exercise in walking distance of home, after the mist had lifted. Well, we nearly got that bit right, but it came down again part way through our wander along the Trailway

Slightly lightened pics of our 1st encounter, 3 or 4 Bully's Slight smile

Throughout the walk there were blackbirds, robins, blue and great tits, and thrushes... this one Song Mrs PB thinks (I'm not sure which it is!!)

There were several Chaffie encounters on the way along

And a magpie fluttering to the top of one stalk of the stubble, before hopping off, then fluttering to the top of the next, 5 or 6 times as we watched

The Great North Dorset Cormorant Tree had more blooms than recent viewings had provided

Where we've had so much rain recently and the fields have flooded, there were 5 grey herons stalking one of the fields

A couple of Fieldfare were faring well in the field

Which is my most photogenic side?

There were a few Redwing about too, but nowhere near the numbers I'd seen the last time I was along here

And the sun glinting off the pristine starling caught me eye

And a bit of a surprise, Mrs Blackcap, who I almost got in focus!

Due to annual leave restrictions through the year, I'm now only going to be working 3 days a week to get my allowance in before the new holiday year, so hopefully the weather will be kinder with the extra time off, and so maybe I can venture back along the trailway, or even along the river, if the ground isn't too much of a quagmire!!

Stay Safe All