Titch in full flow the other day

Gently twarbling

Winding up

Full throttle

Still gently giving voice - can you see the buds on the Redcurrant?   Spring is coming.

Gaynor

Lot to learn

• Aw how lovely to see wee Titch, twarbling away. Yes the early signs of Spring, have started springing!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Such a cutie Gaynor, so pleased to see him still going strong .... Spring definitely on the way ... worked out that by 22nd Jan we will gain 30 minutes extra daylight!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well done Gaynor & Titch for brightening up a cold dull morning. I've noticed the evenings are brighter but not much difference yet in the mornings, an extra 15 minutes at both ends will be good. I've heard the Great tits starting their songs with a bit of a dodgy throat, they need a bit more practise yet.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Beautiful photos Gaynor and so nice to see Titch again and I can almost hear that twarble and singing ! The signs of new buds and springtime on the way will lift our spirits as we get through this current lockdown period. Keep the photos coming Gaynor, always great to see Titch and your other local birds.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Aww how lovely to see Titch again..Hes looking in fine form Gaynor

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lovely photos Gaynor, and as ever, a robin is always happy to oblige.

Our cherry tree has had buds on since mid-December, but sadly not clear enough to photograph yet, while the daffs have sprouted, as per normal.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Thanks everybody, Titch has been in a hurry today, taking a small portion of food and dashing off, there are two others around so could be the time to start looking out for a female. I wonder if he will get the same mate as last year, they tried three times but only successful the once and I don't think the little one lasted too long either.
    Yes the days are noticeably lengthening, it's 4..00 now and have not put the light on yet - yippee.

Lot to learn

• Beautiful. Any female admirers yet?

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Well yes MC, there could be one that comes near but not inside the shed as Titch does. Could be why he is suddenly in zoom mode!!

Lot to learn