Friendly Robin.

Had a walk round my local lake yesterday and cam across a Robin on a busy track with lots of people walking passed on a busy day and cars and tractors anyway it came out and was looking friendly so me being me started to talk to it and said I was sorry for not having any food with me but it was so friendly I had to call up again today and I found it in the same place but this time I had seed and home made pastry with me I held out my hand and it came down but just grabbed something so I started to talk to it and it came back and stayed on my have eating some of the small seeds it came four times so knowing it was full I put some food on the ground and left, I will be going back as often as I can but with live mealworm as well, I will take some pictures and a video if it lets me :)

• Thank you Hazel, it would have been nice to go to LM for the Robins they had just opened all the tracks to, It was the 5D I took I still think the 5DMk4 is better then the R6 but this R6 should be great for BIF shots. And when I am out and about were people are I am always upwind so nothing hopefully comes my way sadly we might be on total

It was Mike, and I stopped feeding the birds here so gave what I had to my Sister but kept some back for the small birds I mix it with the pasty and stick it in crevices on the tree even the Grey likes it too.
  • Smashing pic of the Robin James, and so lovely when they are tame enough to land on your hand, LM birds will be missing all the attention at the moment.
  • There are still people feeding them Gaynor, I am the admin of two groups on Fbook and one is about Leighton Moss I took it over from a friend who went often but has move and its just to far for him to travel so I know whats about and whats closed.

This was taken last November.

POST EDIT with the R6

• Glad to hear there are still people feeding the birds up there James, as Hazy said the red on the Robin's chest is such a brilliant deep colour - I think the one that visits me will be cheesed off to see how he should be portrayed - no I am NOT buying another camera - I can't understand how to use this one!!!! :-)
  • I just gave away a Canon 77D with a Kit lens to a young 15 year old lad who want to get into photography he had a few hundred pounds but because I know him I wanted to give him a start into this hobby so after another month or so I will see how much he has to get a good zoom lens, sadly I can't take him out with me because of the this coronavirus and I might never will :(
  • Well done to you James, great to give such incentive to a youngster, hopefully the lad will find once he starts looking and learning he can't stop :-)
  • I can teach him and show what to do on Fbook because I have another group showing how to get the best out of your pictures using the free software Digital Photo Professional 4 that is free from Canon.
  • That’s so lovely. Thank you for sharing this :) I have been trying to hand feed a robin that has been visiting our garden since September but no such luck yet. I made a raised bowl from upturned flower pots on top of each other just for him as he does not seem able to perch on the feeder as other robins do. When I go out at 8am he is waiting for me to put the food in the bowl and then regularly goes to it throughout the day. Just recently the robin I feed has paired up with another robin and they are now always together and hopping in and out the robin nester I recently installed on our fence. I expect they are testing it out for spring. It makes me so happy! I just hope that one day it’ll trust me enough to sit on my hand like yours! Take care :)
  • Robyn, if you get live mealworms they will love you forever just get them used to you being around while they eat them you can start off from the bowl but once any other bird know about them they won't last long you could throw a couple on the ground when they are around and once they know you are no threat to them they might just come to your hand, don't rush them stand near to the bowl and hold your hand out with the mealworms or Robin seed you will see if they look interested, if you want an address for the live mealworms look up Live food Direct order before 12:00am and they will be on your door step in the morning :)

POST EDIT

Get the Regular size and its upto you how many you want a small amount at first keep them in a cool place that won't be hard to find and let them have air and for food get some Weetabix the cheaper the better.