Friendly Robin.

Had a walk round my local lake yesterday and cam across a Robin on a busy track with lots of people walking passed on a busy day and cars and tractors anyway it came out and was looking friendly so me being me started to talk to it and said I was sorry for not having any food with me but it was so friendly I had to call up again today and I found it in the same place but this time I had seed and home made pastry with me I held out my hand and it came down but just grabbed something so I started to talk to it and it came back and stayed on my have eating some of the small seeds it came four times so knowing it was full I put some food on the ground and left, I will be going back as often as I can but with live mealworm as well, I will take some pictures and a video if it lets me :)

• Nice that the robin was there again when you went back and I'm sure he'll be on the lookout for you on next visit - especially with live mealworms as a treat ! looking forward to your photos Jim.
  • Classic Jim! Good to hear you are staying safe. Let's hope we all get to meet up again sometime soon for a communal Robin feeding session.
    Take care.
  • James G said:
    so me being me started to talk to it and said I was sorry for not having any food with me

Only worry if the Robin answers you back!! Wink

• How wonderful Jim, lucky you. Send us a "selfie" from your phone next time.
  • @ Hazel, sadly I won't get them till tomorrow and seeing we had some snow and it was very misty I just had to drive up I passed his perch and turned round so I could drop seed on the ground seeing its a very busy lane to say there are only a few house at the end but there is also a caravan site were people live all year round and there was a car coming up behind me but it was only to stop and drop the seed off, its looking better for tomorrow so will hang on till the worms come and if the sun does come out will call up then.

@ Paul, doing the best I can mate, still some things to get rid of in the next month and then its a move down to Cornwall so if we do have a meet up its going to be a long drive but to see the Robins at LM would be worth it.

@ Nige, FMR did but in his own language lol

@ Tony, I will try sadly there is a little stream in-between me and him but I will try for one.

• It was to cold and it was snowing yesterday but drove up and scattered some seed down on the ground from the car window, Today I parked up and had a walk to the hide I never saw him on the way down i did call for him, got a few pictures from the hide and started back and he was there as if waiting for me i took one picture and held my hand out with some mealworms he ate some and went back into the hedge when a car came past I then held my hand out with some seed and he came to my hand and ate some seeds he came a few times then i know it was time to go so put some food down on the ground for him and a Dunnock that was close by and another bird that I could not see at the back of the hedge.

Here he is HLR 

• Aw a lovely wee chap Jim, great to get a companion who is so trusting.
  • Super photo of your friendly robin Jim and that eye-popping red breast colour jumping out on to the screen with your new camera. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms for those LM robins but hopefully can get back once we get the pandemic under control - whenever that will be. Hope you get your vaccine soon as you'll have to be extra careful if you pass any people on the track Jim. Once again, thanks for the beautiful cheery photo which is a delight to see.
  • The robin was ever hopeful and its patience was rewarded with your tasty pastry.

I must confess, I've been laxed at carrying bird food since the lockdowns started last year, something I need to remedy, ready for the next day out, whenever that may be....