New Years Day 2021: and the first venture of the year

Amid the doom and gloom, further impounded upon us by the weather (but to be fair, it is often wet and miserable for New Year), I managed a short wander close to a nearby National Trust.

While things were quiet, apart from the obligatory robin, that would most likely be due to the weather and the early start, for the forecast wasn't looking good after 09:00, many birds were probably sheltering or nursing New Year hangovers.....

ALL the following photos were cropped considerably to enable a clear picture.

But, the redwings were out, albeit in the distance and pushed the camera and lens abilities to the edge and beyond.

The wet stuff was starting to become heavy, and just as I was packing up, the sheep in the nearby field must have just woken up(may have been nursing new year hangovers as well)  and wandering up the field for their breakie, complete with magpie to chaperone one sheep....

Did I say chaperone?

Perhaps it was the magpies version of the Pullman carriage, as a passenger, with food on the go.....

Breakfast is served....

Does the magpie think a sheeps eye is a delicacy!

Time to alight....

Stay safe everyone, fingers crossed for a better year this year, but I'm not getting excited just yet, the water is still very murky....