First Winter Dusting

Woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning

Beautiful.....

Thank goodness I cleaned and filled all the feeders yesterday.

Hope you enjoy looking at my birds in their winter wonderland

BBs always in garden early

Oh dear a think a sprawk may have been at my loveley white pigeon Hushed

A bit of iceskating

No very happy looking dunnock

An ICE bath

And perhaps my 2020  xmas card

Well that was a great day of taking pics. Another weather warning for snow tonight.

Hope you all enjoyed and maybe its put you all in the mood for Christmas now  Wink

• Lovely Linda, always nice to see the snowy pictures. We have had no snow up here yet!! Forcast is wintery the next few days though. Hard frost this morning, the baths and drinkers had lids of ice, poor birdies were picking at it. time to get extra layers on me thinks!
  • Fortunately, no snow here (yet). Good to see your pictures of it, although the birds might not have appreciated so much. Mind you, I'm not so sure if they are still getting in the bath. They must be mad!
  • Brrrrr!! I hate winter and the cold. Mind you it's been so dark miserable and wet down here in the south I might change my mind.
    This is when birds appreciate supplementary feeding. Nice shots of your garden favourites. I wonder what happened to Pidge?

• Thanks CL...batten doon the hatches its heading your way lol..poor birdies picking at the ice! I have had extra layers on for weeks..you must be tougher than me Wink
  • Thanks Nige.. A think they dont mind a wee dusting of snow just hate when its deep and freezing!

Hawl dont you be calling my birdies mad lol

• Thanks Tony
    Aww nothing wrong with a little chill factor lol
    Well from the amount of time I have saw the sprawk take a pidgeon that seems to be the area it starts plucking first so my guess its caught it but got away..this time!
  • Lovely scenes from your garden Linda, brrr it is freezing today, I am just about to put up a couple from here today but my hands not working properly to type, will have brew first!!! Gorgeous pic of your Robin, shame about the pigeon but hope it survives now with the cold. Bathing blackbird in the icy conditions, brave but has to be done:-)
  • Thanks Gaynor...more snow again this morning! Roads were at nightmare but garden looked good Wink

White pigeon back first thing so still doing well!
  • Looks like you had some sun/light for some of your pictures Linda, or you've got a very bright flash light. Its not so "sunny Suffolk" today with about 2/3cms of snow this morning followed by rain and all the greyness in the world. Still can't complain been watching a flock of about 30/40 finches on the feeder's, with only 16 feeder perches it gets quite messy. I guess the snow bomb in Scotland missed your area. Looks like one blackie doing some ice skating, our pond is frozen as well.
  • Was lucky enough to get some sunshine withbthe Snow Tony...my camera aint that good lol...although I overheard my new mystery birthday camera has arrived...oh goodie cant wait til next week lol.
    We got hit with more snow this morning and the roads were a nighmare but just like Suffolk we got rain.... rain and more rain.so its now grey and slush. I hope you went out and broke the ice incase sprawk came back! I have loads of finches too...i actually took a pic of all their footprints this morning. will post later.