N. Dorset Trailway

Day off this week coincided with dry, bright but a bit blowy weather, so Mrs PB dropped me off in Shillingstone on her way to work, so I could walk the Trailway home. It was a fairly quiet walk, with most birds hiding in the foliage, so there follows a series of dodgy shots, plus a few unknown (and to make it challenging "almost" in focus) birds!! Good luck lol

There were several robins along the route, this one more obliging than most

And then an even dodgier shot, of a Bullfinch

As I emerged from a woodland part of the trail I felt I was being watched....

And further up the field, showing a considerable turn of pace, for one with such short legs...

Further along the path were several piles of natures detritus that had been swept up, and atop one was a Fungal Jungle

Not sure what the next bird is... possible but maybe not, the same as the following three too!!

At first I thought these would be pipits, but now am thinking larks, but not sure... (these are the not quite in focus shots I warned about!)

As I said, a lot of the birds remained resolutely in the foliage

I was surprised to see loads of bees about, particularly as they all seemed congregating on/around this plant

And also several flies...

And scampering above...

Another robin, looking fine against the sky

I thought when I snapped this it was a slim blackbird, but looking at the image now, with the distinct eyestripe I'm thinking fieldfare or redwing

So I lightened the image and have plumped for redwing :o)

Next a real test....

Mrs Blackbird keeping a watch..

And finally some wet-look mushrooms!

Hope you enjoyed my amble along the trailway, it was nice to get out into some sunshine and "fresh" air (it was 1st woolly hat of the winter weather lol)

Stay Safe All