Photograph one Black-necked grebe and get 2 different grebes free !

Back to Tatton Park to see if our young friend the juvenile Black-necked Grebe was still around ............. and yes it was there, same time, same place and acting as if it owns the place  LOL   

You gotta love this special grebe as it dives for food on the west bank of the main Tatton Mere coming within decent range for a zoom lens.      Here's todays pics including a Great Crested and a Little Grebe further down the mere.  

Black-necked Grebe first ...

Time for a good scratch ........     what funny feet

ready to dive ......

it's just seen another black-necked grebe  !

then it was time to say goodbye as it swam further out

Then t'other end of the mere two or three Little Grebes were dabbling around on the water ............   

think this was one of two juveniles  ?

and this looked like one of the adults 

The same area were two Great Crested Grebes ......

that's all for now but was a nice couple of hours in sunny conditions

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• You chose a good day to visit again, Hazel. Tomorrow is supposed to be wet - down south anyway.
    Beautiful photos in ideal conditions. The Black-necked is a stunner but so too are the other grebes. I think the Black-headed Gull was equally impressed.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Lovely pics Hazel...love the ones of their reflections...thanks for taking us back with you

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Stunning photos Hazel, not seen the black necked grebe yet, I shall keep looking
  • Thanks Tony and Linda, such a foggy start until mid morning and then at lunchtime the sunshine appeared; Mike dropped me off by the entrance as he went to get his flu jab !! Think I could have one this year as I'll be 65 before end March 2021 so I'm eligible this time. Tatton was better medicine as far as I was concerned :)

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Oh I do like a foggy mornings by the water...reminds me when I used to walk 6 miles everyday down my local park. I think you should get flu jab sooner rather than later incase they run out...are the not meant to be giving to all over 50s in England or did I hear wrong?

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• In reply to Linda257:

Linda257 said:
    I think you should get flu jab sooner rather than later incase they run out...are the not meant to be giving to all over 50s in England or did I hear wrong?

I don't know.  I was offered one (I'm 51) but I declined.  They should be targeting the people who really need them - I'm neither over 65 nor vulnerable.  My husband, happily, has had his.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• What a gorgeous thread, Hazy. I love grebes and these are all beautiful!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I do like the Little Grebe, and evidently the others are just as fabulous, thanks Hazy for some perfect pics.

Lot to learn

• I love all Grebes but Black Neck rate pretty high with us. Although like many others we are still staying local (ish) we have done well for Grebes this year. Both Red and Black turned up locally and we have had the opportunity to watch Great Crested and my favourite Little Grebes go through their breeding cycle quite closely all on our local reserve.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Looks like you had some good weather Hazel, with great shots of all the grebes, especially like the BNG.

Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/