Off The Beaten Track....Again!!! on a Quiet Sunday morning!

So up earlyish with heehaw to do...phone rings....mum you wanna do something today......sure! Within 30 mins I was ready packed, picked daughter up and at Barons Haugh yet again but carpark was closed so had to abandon car in a safe place and went on a new adventure off the Beaten Track........

This tree caught my eye....giant cactus look a like

Otter and kinfisher posing nicely for once Hushed and whatever that is inbetween them?

Some mushrooms...well if all the birdies are hiding I gotta photgraph something Laughing

over a little bridge

Looks nicer this side

Then up a hill and over a fence into a wild field

Then all I got was mum mum mum mum mum

We were waist hight in the field and hiding not too far infront of us was a deer

Oh Deer that was the best pic I got Confused as it darted away

The scenery around us

As we get closer to a proper path some flutterbys

A Comma ?

Just some more scenery...well it fills in the gaps before we get to the water

As we walk along the path next to the river....sooooo over grown but a lovely peacock posed for me

All angles apart from the right one!!!

Then off the Beaton track once again as we heard some bird noises down at the river...my daughter seemed to get there before me only she was on he bum lol and still that did not scare the lovely birds away! JoyJoyJoy

And there across the other side was a few lapwings, a heron and a little egret 

couple of ducks sitting there aswell

Ahh that was worthwhile....my daughter still moaning but nothing other than a dirty pair of trousers and a few nettle stings on her arm but as I say ...all worth it....back up onto a path and a baby frog leaps across infront of us but too fast for me am afraid so no pic

Then follwed the river back round to the hides to familiar territory

Incoming heron or that one following us!

It starting to rain now so into a hide for shelter before heading back to the car

Oh and what do we have here... a Cormorant

or 2

Social distancing themselves ofcourse

as you can see from the hide they were pretty far away Confused

Then the cows telling us to moooooooo ve as it was gonna start raining heavy

And a final turn around now we have made it back up the hill  before the car

Well I hope you all enjoyed our 2 hour jaunt as much as we did only yous wont be knackered like me!

Take care and stay safe