OK, I never got to see the bearded vulture, but nature was around...

Sunday I set off in hope, but not expecting, to see the bearded vulture from .

What I did see were buzzards, heron, wood pigeons, canada geese and mallards, plus a sole cormorant that flew upstream over Ladybower.

A sole cormorant.....

A kestrel up by the Salt Cellar on Derwent Edge

And, the ubiquitous wood pigeons....

• Always good to be out there in the great outdoors and nice to see the Buzzards gliding by, usually chased by corvids lol It's so picturesque in this part of the world as you know Mike, glad you still had an enjoyable day despite the elusive vulture.
  • A shame you didn't get the BV. That's birds for you, very unreliable things in my opinion! Still better to be out looking than cooped up
  • Thanks both.

I always accepted the odds would be stacked against seeing the BV, and as the old saying goes, "never work with animals or children", was more than happy to make the best of a day out.

I was planning on making a weekday trip, and while I appreciate the odds are stacked against seeing the bird, I'd rather go with a shouting chance than none.

BTW, I'm having problems reactivating my Bird Guide acc, and similar probs setting a new one up, so I'm very reliant on what I read and hear....