Bearded Vulture in the Peak District

• Not seen anything today on BGuides so makes me wonder if some people are not reporting the vulture on RBA with it being so close to grouse shooting season and the BV being in one of the worst areas in the country for raptor persecution, despite the fact this bird only takes carrion. Folk may be reluctant to give precise location for this bird and with one or two getting too close to its roosting site in order to get photos. If you venture out tomorrow Alan and Mike I have fingers crossed you will see this amazing bird. Even though our view was not a close encounter there is absolutely no mistaking it as it's like nothing else on earth that I can think of in UK lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Not that far from ladybower then and cutthroat bridge where we were before  ?

Regards, Hazel 

• It seems it is moving about the same area Hazel, probably something it does in its normal range.

My Flickr photos

• Best of luck, Alan and MikeB--hope you see the bird tomorrow.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• It is still at the farm in the Stannington area so I probably won't see it tomorrow where I'm going but will keep my eyes upwards lol.

My Flickr photos

• Someone had just questioned that video of it, he's a raptor man so he's doubting it lol.

My Flickr photos

• Thanks Ann, I'm not expecting to see the BV, but it won't be without trying. Never work with animals.... LOL

I'm far from an expert, though I have been reading up on the BV, and from what I've grasped, Stannington/Dungworth is not natural territory. So I'm tempted to think it was possibly a buzzard and made for a good publicity stunt to drum up trade.

I'm still making the trip up to the Peaks, I have a couple of locations as starting points, unless I come across later info that suggests different.

Right, all set up, bed now, and I'll catch up with you guys further along the keyboard....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Today's unconfirmed sighting at Errwood reservoir lol

My Flickr photos

• I guess that may be more believable Alan as it has been around the Goyt valley area before; it's always a relief to hear the bird is around and safe.... as long as reports are legit. Keep me updated lol

Regards, Hazel