Mr Blackbird Sunbathing

The wind is blowing a gale , rain is chucking it doon and not a bird to be seen and then the sun pops out for 5 minutes

MrBB glad of a bit of heat on his back

Ahhh this is soooooo lovely

Other side now

Is that the rain coming coming again

Noooooooooo!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Great photo captures Linda, lovely to see the blackbird enjoying a bit of sunshine and using that preening oil. Weather is very mixed at the moment.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I love watching them when they do that. There was a youngster doing that in my garden but I couldn't get the camera on it.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to HAZY:

Thanks Hazel...it was only 5 mins of sun but better than no sun at all!

• In reply to TeeJay:

When i first saw a coaltit doing it I thought it was ill lol...Dont see it often enough Tony as poor birds never get peace!...Or sun aint out long enough

• It is lovely to see them in the sunshine like that Linda, it does make you wonder what is happening when you first see it though, lovely pics.

Lot to learn

• Nice photos of the sun-bather. You have to take every opportunity between the showers at the moment.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Thanks, It sure is Gaynor, I thought the coaltit had keeled over with the heat when I first saw it sunbathing

• In reply to Nigel O:

Cheers Nige...I need my wellies just to go feed the birds these days!

• A lovel selection of Mr Blackbird Linda. After a horrid start this morning it turned out really lovely up here, even got to do some more pottering in the garden.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Thanks Catlady...oh lucky you...My garden is pretty water logged and the wind has broken some plants and shrubs. It has actually just dried up here in the past half an hour or so when all the birds are in bed...typical...Think we are in for a dry day tomorrow...but I shall believe it when i see it!