Woodpeckers

We have been really lucky over the past 3 weeks with GSW and Green Woodpeckers visiting fairly regularly. One one sun we had 2 GSW on the garden trellis and a Green Woodie on the lawn at the same time. Never close enough to capture all 3 in one photo.

Adult male and juvenile pecking about one of our Silver Birches. As so often taken through the window. 

Oh look what's that over there?

Its a distant cousin (I think)

Mean while its time for a quick wash

What tasty morsels are in these cracks?

Feed me, feed me,

Still on the lawn

I like a little mud with my bugs. I wonder how many ants were stuck to that tongue?

Back on the post

Surveying its territory 

Parents
  • Thank you all for your kind comments, we do feel lucky with the amount of bird traffic through the garden. The GSW has visited every day since but not always when a camera is to hand. The following day the adult and juvenile appeared for about 30mins around 3.00pm and then at 5.00pm the Sparrowhawk landed on the same garden fencing. What can I say?

• Thank you all for your kind comments, we do feel lucky with the amount of bird traffic through the garden. The GSW has visited every day since but not always when a camera is to hand. The following day the adult and juvenile appeared for about 30mins around 3.00pm and then at 5.00pm the Sparrowhawk landed on the same garden fencing. What can I say?

Children
No Data