It used to be quiet and peaceful until …..

Not being familiar with Starlings, never having had them in our last garden for 9 years ......….....    I thought it was a thrill to see them until they let the kids out   LOL

We usually have three Starlings but today there we had a mini murmur-frustration of them !     I've had to stop putting food out or I'll be receiving complaints from the other renters   !!

He/she looks like trouble  lol 

It was Ok till they started bickering for food    lol     ( ear plugs please )

Moral of the story ….. be careful what you wish for   lol 

• Hi it’s been a long time since I’ve been on here, I was looking through last night as I was wondering what a bird I saw yesterday is. I came across this post and it made me smile as I have a rowdy bunch outside the backdoor at the moment. I find the adult starlings as bad as the youngsters ‘always arguing’. But I honestly find the noise from the Wood pigeons in mating mode constantly flapping their wings right outside the door and on the shed roof worse. I’ve also started having visits from 3 Jackdaws who have little conversations out there too. The Jackdaws are getting through a whole fat block in a day and I’ve recently acquired a few feral pigeons to go with the half dozen or so Woodies. It used to be nice and peaceful with just the smaller birds. My poor blackbirds and Robins have never had so much completion for the food.
  • Trying to use the same thread again for some more Starling pics from today …….

there's always one juvie that can't keep it's high wire balance    lol 

• Great pics Hazy, haven't seen any starlings for quite a while but today there were at least 30 or so flying over, they kept coming and landing on the t. wires, then flying off and returning a short time later. I didn't put any food out!!!!!