"Spudgies" family album

Ok, so I'm a bit taken with the sight of House Sparrows at the moment but remember they are new birds to me as we never saw any in 9 years at our old place so the camera has been working overtime since the youngsters arrived  !      

Here's a candidate for most beautiful Baby 2020 !      ............. doing its best impression of a Wren 

and the mother's having a parents meeting  ! 

how cute is this lQQk      lol 

siblings ......

• Making the most of a sunny day and more House Sparrow piccies as I'll soon have to say goodbye to them when we move.      Each morning they see me come down the stairs through the large courtyard front door window and start lining up for the mealworms and waxworms which won't last until Wednesday's next delivery.    They will sit on the door handle and do their best to attract your attention  lol      How can you refuse these charming birds ……

they often wait on the sun loungers   lol  

I have taken far too many photos so will leave it at this for now and perhaps add a few more another time.

• Unknown said:
    they often wait on the sun loungers

Well, if you're forcing them to wait a) they may as well make themselves comfortable - I imagine them sitting there, ordering a round of pina coladas with their mealies - and b) you obviously need to hurry up!! No doubt they'll miss you when you move!

• LOL Nige, they are certainly making themselves at home in the courtyard using the fruit bowl pool, casserole pool, mucking up the daily morning clean sweep and wash of the courtyard and pooping on all the furniture - it must be like having kids !!!
  • Hazy they are fabulous photos, I have never got as close as you are doing even with the hundred or so we used to have around, I only took distant photos. You will indeed miss them when you leave, as they will you.
  • That family album is growing nicely. Lovely photos Hazel.

• Adding a few more pics from today to this original thread as it is same House Sparrow species and helps keeps another new post clogging up main page list  

maybe next should be on bad pics but I liked the wings  !! 

the next three pics are not the best but it was to show you a bit of an altercation between two males ............  handbags at dusk ! 

I only had a second or two to take these pics in rapid succession as it kicked off in the corner of the courtyard wall

bit of a wing slap  !! 

and left hand Sparrow decided enough was enough and flew off …………..

• Ouch, some fisty cuffs there I would say or should it be wingy cuffs!! Nice photos, glad that you have at last got your sparrows.

• Thats quite a family album you've put together now Hazel, domestics and all. Don't envy you trying to rustle that lot together to move to the new apartment . That could could be miles of mealworms along the road to follow you. All our sparrows are quite quiet compared to yours thankfully but still eating us out of fat nibbles along with blackies, Starlings (by the 20's/30's), Blue Tits, Robins etc. Spend hours watching our mayhem, rather like being on holiday ha ha .
  • Fisticuffs at dawn, eh. Lovely additions.
  • It seems to be part of their personality Hazy, it often takes off in the apple tree and they will all fly over to see what is going on, but it is always more noise than anything serious. Don't know about "bad" pic thread, I like those wings too.