Who Is In The Night Garden?

I finally remembered my trail cam and put it out on Tues eve.

Enter stage right...

Then the not so pink moon and a Mallard early morning

Other half turns up to keep an eye

the morning alarm call arrived

Last night the Hoggie turned upon again.

Along with the early morning alarm call

• lovely selection of garden visitors throughout day and night, makes me wonder how many we miss when trail-cams and cameras are not on !
  • So pleased you remembered to set it up Tony to show us another secret world!
  • Interesting to see your night and day visitors Tony, good sized hedgehog always a pleasure to see, and bird life unusual too with the Mallard family and pheasant.
  • Brilliant captures Tony.

Those cams reveal a whole host of visitors, night and day.

Wendy uses one as her Hoggie Cam, I've also got one in the garden, though lately there's been nothing exciting to share.

The video capture on those Bushnells is very good.

• Hazel, I'm sure we miss far more than we actually see in our gardens. It is all a matter of luck, same as being out around parks or reserves, being in the right place at the right time. which I think is all part of the fun and makes wildlife so interesting. With this lock down in place and spending more time around the garden I am finding more excitement in what we are finding going on in the garden and I think more importantly what is appearing. Such as first Orange Tip butterfly on Wed this week, like Brimstone never settle so no pics so far.
  • Thanks Wendy, took me over a week to remember and then charge the batteries. Was hoping for more than 1 Hoggie but still better than none and possibly a fox, we have a Stipa Gigantia which reeks of fox around and on it but no sign yet of one on the camera. I've tried to get videos but my MacBook does not like the format so cannot play them, need to do some research.
  • Thanks Mike, yes I follow Wendy's Hog Cam but as I said to Wendy my MacBook does not like the video format and won't play it so need to some research.
  • Its fascinating what goes on in the garden out of sight Gaynorsl, we knew we had Hogs about because of their poo on the lawn. The Mallards are a pain along with the Pheasant as they just trample all the plants and eat the young shoots. The Moorhen is fine but our pond is not really big enough to support it, it come over or through the fence from next door who have a larger & deeper pond, as does the Pheasant as there is usually a female or two as well, they maybe on eggs I guess. Don't know if the Mallard nest next door but the past week we have had 2 males and a female and they really mess up our pond. I'm also worried they might eat the newts in the pond.
  • Have you come across this info Tony ...
    support.apple.com/.../HT201290
    I can read all the words but not necessarily understand all the tec jargon! Lol
  • Tony T said:
    and then charge the batteries.

I got round that problem Tony by adapting mine to run off the electric, was a bit of a faff as couldn't get the proper kit from America but there were enough online specs to be able to get DIN plug from a UK very helpful supplier, just had to shave it down a bit to fit ... other half knows about stuff like that, then shave it a bit more so that tripod fitting would work!