First Brimstone

With all the concerns about coronavirus and self isolating, I've just received a text from NHS UK saying I should now isolate for the next 12 weeks (transplant patient with diabetes hey ho and a courier has just delivered my next 6 months of immunosuppressive drugs), as I typed this I could see a Brimstone flying trough the garden, the first this year. sadly no picture but live in hope for its next pass through.Its going to be the little things with nature that will help us all get through this and the posts on this forum along with the webcams.

I now need to order some bird feed on line rather than supporting my local pet shop, such a shame.

Stay safe, stay healthy all.

ps Brimstone just went by the window again, must finish and sit in the garden

• Hi Tony, how nice to see the Brimstone, our wildlife watching from indoors will keep us going through these difficult times as we need them more than ever now. Sorry you are in complete isolation and hope you can get enough food delivered to your door as slots become as rare as hens teeth. I'm saving my one walk a day until after midday to get the most warmth from the lovely sunshine. We are lucky to live amongst private farmland so will not encounter many, or indeed any people on the tracks we use - only farm vehicles perhaps. I suppose the private farm estate could be considered the same as a private back garden but we will not be tempted to take too many liberties, rather taking one long walk far from the madding crowds ! Stay safe, stay well all and please heed the advice as you and your loved ones depend on your compliance.
  • I don't believe I have ever seen a Brimstone so lucky you Tony, just looked it up and it is my favourite colour - yellow or is it more lemon. I saw a small tortoiseshell today on the forget me not in the garden, didn't want to disturb it so my camera stayed inside.

It is such a horrid time for everyone at the moment, stick in there and we will get through it by using common sense and taking care.
  • Like you Tony,and a million or more others,I am grounded for 12 weeks so a walk round the gardens surrounding our little complex is my limit. Today's mega find was 2 Peacock butterflies and a Comma. In the grounds we have 4 pairs of Bullfinch ion the area and breeding Wrens so we are going to try to find the nests and follow their progress for our BTO records.